Formula 1 has released the draft calendar for the 2020 FIA Formula 1 World Championship! F1’s 70th anniversary season will set a record for the most Grands Prix in a year, with 22 races on the calendar.
- The calendar now has to be officially ratified by the World Motor Sport Council on October 4
- We will have seven pairs of back-to-back race weekends
- 2 new races: Vietnam (Hanoi) and Dutch Grand Prix (Zandvoort)
- Vietnam will be the 34th country to host a round of the F1 World Championship
- The Hanoi Street Circuit is 5.565 km long and has been designed by Hermann Tilke. It will host the first ever Vietnamese Grand Prix
- The Circuit Park Zandvoort has already hosted 30 F1 Grands Prix between 1952 and 1985. Its current layout is 4.307 km long
- The Dutch Grand Prix has always been held at Zandvoort. The first winner in 1952 was Alberto Ascari, while the last one (1985) was Niki Lauda